Wednesday 31 March 2010

"Nurse required in fracture clinic"



Injuries

Even though I read some of the more informed blogs about the new injury system (forum rants etc), it has to be witnessed happening to your team before you see just how much your original strategy and your future plans get screwed. Safe to say I didn't listen to any of them.

My starting FML strategy is going the same way as my strategies in the game Theme Hospital (pictured above) used to go many years ago. I chose the minimum 16 staff at the start, all junior doctors of course to save money (then again I was given no consultants, more like older doctors who were about to be struck off anyway). Just the one nurse to manage the physio side of things, she is currently in the staff room stressed out already (why did I buy that pool table?). So far it's all going a bit 'NHS'.

EPIDEMIC ALERT

Injuries seem to be the epidemic alert of FML. Everything could be going smoothly for a while and you are reaping the rewards of good management and good planning, then suddenly, 6 of your best players come down with 'bloaty head syndrome' (coming soon in the form of crazy wage demands) and your season is practically over.

It is the right system though I feel for the game, it's just at this minute in time, injuries seem more like a pandemic rather than an epidemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment